- JUNE 24 – 29, 2018
- YALE UNIVERSITY
- JULY 8- 13, 2018
- YALE UNIVERSITY
- JULY 15 – 20, 2018
- YALE UNIVERSITY
ABOUT THE CAMP
The Academy is a day camp, best suited for girls and boys, middle school (7th and 8th grader) to high school (9th – 12th). For intermediate and advance level, have at least one year of squash experience, or skill level: gold, silver and bronze. In addition to squash, Pinnacle Squash teamed up with certified nutritionist and trainers, they will help run selective workshops that are designed to help all campers build self confidence, communication and relationship skills. These workshops include topics such as conflict and resolution, mindfulness, mental toughness, nutrition and fitness. Our squash coaches will help campers get their head into the game while our workshops and activities will help empower both the mind and body.
Pinnacle Squash Academy fosters personal growth, using this sport as a vehicle and platform to teach and develop independent thinkers what it takes to achieve greatness for themselves and to discover their own style of leadership. Junior athletes will develop fundamental life-skills that they can apply to a myriad of circumstances and environments. The Squash developmental program focusses on a mindset that success comes from passion, enjoyment and hard work. Junior athletes will learn that success will come from focussing on the progression and the journey, and not just the end result
The camp will cover and introduce topics listed below to help our young athletes understand and develop :
- Facing adversity
- Leadership skills
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Conflict and Resolution
- College Admission Process
- Training Concepts
THE ACADEMY summer day camp, developed by Lynn Leong, the Senior Assistant Coach for Yale Men’s and Women’s Team and Director of Pinnacle Squash At Yale. The program will be implemented by a team of well qualified professionals including PSA pros and college coaches.
Meals will be served at the Yale dining halls. The dining halls provide a nutritionally balanced and versatile menu every day. Camper can take these opportunities to visit the college grounds and to dine with other summer school campers.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and Where is Check-In for Camps?
- Regardless of being a day or overnight camper, all campers must check-in on Sunday
- Location check-in, at the hotel Courtyard Marriott (30 Whalley Avenue, New Haven) from 3pm – 4pm
- Campers will play squash from 4:30pm – 6:15pm to determined groupings for the week. Please have your gear ready and be prepared to play.
- All campers and parents must check-in with coaches and physician at the Lobby.
Day Campers Schedule and Information
- Day Camper’s are expected to check in each morning at the Brady Squash Center by 8:50am
- Squash Camp starts promptly at 9am
- Day camper’s schedule ends at 4pm.
- Pick up time daily (Monday – Thursday), 4:15pm at the Brady Squash Center. Parent/guardian will sign out their children at the end of the day.
- Friday pick up time is at Noon.
Meals and Snacks
- Healthy snacks and beverage will be provided
- Campers will have lunch at one of the Yale dining halls
- Campers will be escorted to all meals by coaches and counsellors regardless of age.
- Please email Pinnacle Squash if your child has any food allergies.
What to bring?
- Squash rackets (stringing available throughout the week)
- Squash shoes and Running shoes
- 2 changes of squash clothes each day
- Water bottle
Other Questions and Camp Director's Contact Information
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- cell: 203.988.1870
Don't Be ShyIf we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.