YOUTH DAY CAMP FOR BEGINNER AND INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
Day Camp is now open for registration. Please choose from the following options below.
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 outbreak and are in constant communication with Yale University and the State of Connecticut Office of Early Childhood. Summer squash camps are still scheduled as planned unless the situation changes. If summer camps end up canceling, a full refund will be issued.
ABOUT THE CAMP
The Academy is a day camp, best suited for beginners and intermediate level, age range from lower school (4th – 6th grader), middle school (7th and 8th grader) to high school (9th – 12th). In addition to squash, Pinnacle Squash teamed up with certified nutritionist and trainers, they will help run selective workshops that are designed to help all campers build self confidence, communication and relationship skills. These workshops include topics such as conflict and resolution, mindfulness, mental toughness, nutrition and fitness. Our squash coaches will help campers get their head into the game while our workshops and activities will help empower both the mind and body.
The camp will cover and introduce topics listed below to help our young athletes understand and develop :
- Facing adversity
- Leadership skills
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Conflict and Resolution
- Training Concepts
What does your Camp Fee Include?
- Daily lunch
- Healthy snack and beverage
- Camp Souvenir
THE ACADEMY summer day camp, developed by Lynn Leong, Associate Head Coach for Yale Men’s and Women’s Team and Director of Pinnacle Squash. The program will be implemented by a team of well qualified professionals including PSA pros and college coaches.
Nutrition – Yale University Dining Halls
Meals will be served at the Yale dining halls. The dining halls provide a nutritionally balanced and versatile menu every day. Campers can take this opportunity to visit the college grounds and dine with other summer school campers.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and Where is Check-In for Camps?
- Check in for this camp: Monday morning at 8:30am, at the lobby of Payne and Whitney Gym. A squash counselor will be there to greet campers.
- Payne and Whitney Gym is located on 70 Tower Parkway, New Haven, CT 06511
Day Campers Daily Schedule and Information
- Day Camper’s are expected to check in each morning at the Brady Squash Center by 8:50am
- Squash Camp starts promptly at 9am
- Day camper’s schedule ends at 3pm.
- Pick up time daily (Monday – Thursday), 3pm at the Brady Squash Center. Parent/guardian will sign out their children at the end of the day.
- Friday pick up time is at Noon.
Meals and Snacks
- Healthy snacks and beverage will be provided
- Campers will have lunch at one of the Yale dining halls – lunch is included in camp fee.
- Campers will be escorted to lunch by coaches and counsellors regardless of age.
- Please email Pinnacle Squash if your child has any food allergies.
Required Camp Forms
Health and Medical – The Connecticut State law requires campers to submit the following forms to Pinnacle Squash in order to participate Pinnacle Squash Camps.
- Health Assessment Record
- Youth Camp Health Exam Record
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication by School, Child Care and Youth Camp Personel
- Individual Plan of Care
Release of Liability Form – Parents and campers are required to complete and sign Pinnacle Squash release of liability form prior or at camp check-in.
All forms will be provided to you upon completing our online camp registration.
What to bring?
- Squash rackets (stringing available throughout the week)
- Squash shoes and Running shoes
- 2 changes of squash clothes each day
- Water bottle
Pinnacle Squash Pro Shop will be on site, we will also have stringing service available.
Other Questions and Camp Director's Contact Information
- email: email@example.com
- cell: 203.988.1870