- JUNE 24 – JUNE 29, 2018
- JULY 8 – JULY 13, 2018
- JULY 22 – JULY 27, 2018
About the Camp
The Peak Performance Camp provides and teaches advance squash training methods and philosophies to juniors, so that they can improve and attain peak performance on court:
- Learn how to create a better training plan
- How to train efficiently to PEAK
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
- How to peak for tournaments
Workshops and Invited Guest Speakers
- Growth/Fixed mindset, and peak performance.
- Individual video analysis
- Classroom session to discuss strategies and game plans.
Strength and Conditioning, and Flexibility
- The importance of cross training
- What is flexibility and its benefits for squash.
Nutrition and Lifestyle choices
- Certified sports nutritionist – eat to succeed, you are what you eat.
College Admission Process
- College admission, a discussion session regarding application process
- College Campus Tour
- Discussion: Does squash influence your admission process?
“Strive for Excellence”
Meals will be provided by Yale University Dining Halls. The halls provide a nutritionally balanced and versatile menu every day. Campers can take these opportunities to visit the college grounds and to dine with other summer school campers.
Frequently Asked Questions
When and Where is Check-In for Camps?
- Regardless of being a day or overnight camper, all campers must check-in on Sunday
- Location check-in, at the hotel Courtyard Marriott (30 Whalley Avenue, New Haven) from 3pm – 4pm
- Campers will play squash from 4:30pm – 6:15pm to determined groupings for the week. Please have your gear ready and be prepared to play.
- All campers and parents must check-in with coaches and physician at the Lobby.
When is Check-Out?
- Camp will finish at Noon on Friday, parents can pick up your child/children at the squash courts (70 Tower Parkway, New Haven CT).
- Parents need to sign out their children at the end of the camp.
Transportation to and from evening activities.
- Campers will be transported in a school bus to and from their after squash activities.
- Campers will be supervised at all times during a planned Pinnacle Squash evening activities.
- There will always be coaches and counsellors on duty at all times.
- All campers will lodge at the Courtyard Marriott located next to Payne and Whitney Gym for the duration of the camp.
- Campers will be escorted by counsellor or coaches to and from the hotel regardless of age.
- All rooms are double.
- Two campers to a room.
- Coaches and counsellors will be on the same floor as campers.
- Laundry services available at hotel
- Squash Gear – squash shoes, eyewear, rackets
- 2 Changes of squash clothes each day
- Daily non-squash clothes (5 evenings), include a sweatshirt for cool evenings
- Swim suit and flip flops
- water bottle
- Running shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Towels and linens are not necessary
- Breakfast for campers will be provided at the hotel.
- Lunch and dinner will be provided at a Yale dining hall.
- Campers will be escorted to all meals by coaches and counsellors regardless of age.
- Please email Pinnacle Squash if your child has any food allergies.
Other Questions and Camp Director contact information
- If you have any other camp related questions that is not answered here, please contact Director of the program Lynn Leong
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- cell: 203.988.1870